Options for dental implants in Wallingford, CT
When you lose a tooth, you are losing much more than a little bit of enamel and dentin. You can lose your ability to speak clearly, chew your food thoroughly, and smile with confidence. It can also endanger your oral health in many ways. There is no question that replacing missing teeth is important. Here at Wolfy Dental Group in Wallingford, CT, we offer several options to do just that. For patients seeking the most beautiful, functional, and longest lasting tooth replacement solution, a dental implant procedure is the answer.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF DENTAL IMPLANTS?
Traditional dentures and bridges replace the crowns of teeth, but not the roots. Only dental implants can replace the roots, recreating the entire structure of natural teeth. This has several important benefits, including:
- Preserve your other teeth – A standard dental bridge is supported by nearby teeth, via dental crowns. That means healthy teeth need to be reduced and shaped to accommodate the crowns. Implants are placed directly in the bone, so they do not require any alteration to your other teeth.
- Preserve bone health – Implants, like natural roots, transfer the biting force vertically to the bone. That stimulation triggers healthy bone cell regeneration. Without the stimulation from implants or tooth roots, the bone tissue in that area begins shrinking. That bone loss, known as resorption, can affect your facial appearance as well as increasing the risk of bone fractures.
- Restore full functionality – If you are missing teeth or if you are wearing an ill-fitting appliance, you are probably uncomfortable. You might also have trouble chewing your food, and even have difficulty pronouncing certain words. With dental implants, you will not have to worry about any of that. Your new teeth will feel and function just like natural ones.
- Long lasting solution – Standard or mini dental implants can be expected to last for many years. In fact, it is common for people with good oral health to keep their dental implants for life, with no replacement needed.
WHAT ARE DENTAL IMPLANTS
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root like a screw that is placed in your jaw bone.
What are dental implants?
A dental implant is an artificial tooth root like a screw that is placed in your jaw bone. It bonds with your natural bone to become a sturdy base to support an artificial tooth called a crown.
ADVANCED SICAT SURGICAL GUIDE FOR DENTAL IMPLANTS
These titanium posts are popular because they provide patients with a wide range of benefits. However, the placement of dental implants can be tricky for dentists who do not have access to the latest technologies. Dr. Sandra Vukovic and her team at Wolfy Dental Group have invested in technology that makes it easier than ever to plan and place dental implants. This technology is called the SICAT dental implant surgical guide and is readily available at our state-of-the-art practice.
WHAT IS THE SICAT SURGICAL GUIDE?
Implant surgical guides are a great way to ensure that dental implants are placed as needed into the jawbone. Successful placement often relies on the dentist themselves, as the proper positioning can “make or break” the process and affect reliability and permanent placement. Using the SICAT surgical guide, Dr. Sandra Vukovic can create a special guide that is placed of the existing teeth and leaves a space for the placement of the implant. This ensures the dental implant is placed at the correct depth, angle, and spacing between teeth.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THE SICAT SURGICAL GUIDES?
- Precision placement of dental implants
- Increased chance of success with dental implant placement
- No room for error, ensuring implants are placed where needed
- Ensuring proper alignment, especially for all-on-4 or all-on-6 implant-retained dentures
SICAT - SURGICAL GUIDE IMAGES
LEARN MORE ABOUT THE SICAT
Sandra Vukovic is a dentist in the community with over two decades of experience in general dentistry and has trained herself extensively on the benefits of the SICAT Implant Software available to implant dentists across the United States.
ARE YOU A GOOD CANDIDATE?
If you want to replace a missing tooth or teeth, then you are probably a potential candidate for implants. The best way to explore your options is to contact Wolfy Dental Group at (203) 902-3629 and arrange a consultation.