Dental cleaning and prevention of oral disease in Wallingford, CT
Wolfy Dental Group in Wallingford, CT offers a wide variety of restorative treatments, including “tooth colored” fillings aka composite restorations, “same day” CEREC crowns/bridges/implant crowns, precise surgically guided implant placements, Invisalign and more. However, when possible prevention is the best cure. Therefore, we strive to help our patients avoid dental problems with regular cleanings, preventive treatment, and education about healthy daily habits.
Why preventive treatment is important
There is a common myth that you do not need to see a dentist until you have a problem. In truth, routine exams and professional teeth cleaning can help you avoid serious problems, which save time, money, and may save your teeth. We advise all patients to visit twice a year; however, even if you have not seen a dentist in a long time, it is never too late.
The benefits of cleanings and exams include:
- Professional dental instruments, equipment, and techniques will remove hardened plaque (tartar), which brushing, and flossing cannot.
- The trained eye of a dentist or hygienist can spot signs of decay and disease such as gingivitis and even oral cancer in the early stages.
- Tooth polishing smooths the enamel, making it more difficult for plaque and bacteria to adhere.
- Fluoride treatment strengthens enamel, making your teeth less susceptible to decay.
- We are happy to answer your questions and provide oral hygiene advice customized to your specific needs.
Healthy habits at home
Ideally, we will see you every six months. However, your teeth and mouth need daily care. That means you are an important member of your oral health team. Preventive measures include:
- Avoid nicotine, coffee, and foods or beverages that are high in sugar or acid.
- Brush your teeth after each meal.
- Brush thoroughly, but not aggressively. Choose a toothbrush with soft bristles.
- Floss at least once a day, shortly before going to bed.
- Drink plenty of water.
- Use mouth rinse after flossing and choose a toothpaste with fluoride.
A healthy smile is just a phone call away
Has it been six months or longer since you have seen a dentist? If so, it is time for a checkup! Call Wolfy Dental Group at (203) 902-3629 and schedule an appointment.