Dr. Vukovic can provide your child with a stainless steel dental crown when his or her primary teeth become badly decayed. This treatment helps the tooth to remain healthy and functional until it can fall out naturally, allowing the permanent teeth to erupt properly. For more information on stainless steel dental crowns in Wallingford, Connecticut, and to make your appointment with our dentist, please call Wolfy Dental Group LLC at 203-265-3139.
If your child’s baby teeth are extensively decayed, fillings are unlikely to be effective. When this occurs, the American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends that the tooth be restored using a stainless steel dental crown. This type of restoration is also recommended if the tooth has needed to receive a pulpotomy (a type of root canal for children).
Stainless steel dental crowns have many benefits, including:
- Full coverage protection for the tooth
- Very little sensitivity following treatment
- Much less likely to require a re-treatment
- More successful than fillings in children under the age of 4
- Easier to provide for children to need a general anesthesia to receive treatment
- Works well with space maintainers, and, in fact, is often used as an attachment to a space maintainer
We welcome you to contact us today to learn more about stainless steel dental crowns for children, and to schedule your child’s consultation with our dentist.