There are many reasons to start treatment early. Early treatment allows us to do the following:
- Make room for the permanent teeth when there is overcrowding
- Ensure facial symmetry
- Reduce trauma when the front teeth are protruding
Also, early treatment reduces the need to remove teeth and reduces the time patients must wear braces.
Though many people don’t believe in orthodontic treatment, without it you may have to deal the following problems according to AAO studies:
- Crossbites can result in unfavorable growth and uneven tooth wear.
- Open bites can result in tongue-thrusting habits and speech impediments.
- While with orthodontic treatment, you may have the following benefits:
- A healthier mouth since crowded teeth can be hard to brush causing cavities and gum disease.
- Fewer broken teeth since protruding teeth are more likely to get broken.
We truly believe that orthodontic care is about more than just a pretty smile. We believe that it makes you healthier.
If you have any questions about orthodontic care, don’t hesitate to contact us today.